17/10/2009

Twists.....


Here I began to experiment with taking photos on an angle. I think I prefer this image instead of taking a photo looking down on the piece. I like how you can see the build up of paint.

Here I just continued to photograph the piece from different angles.


To create this I started to think about adding twists into my work. I twisted masking tape onto black paper and dotted paint ontop. As I have previously said I prefer the images of this piece on an angle as here I dont think it really gives the idea of the build up of paint and the twists of the masking tape.


From twisting the masking tape on the last piece I decided that I wanted to continue this further. I decided that I wanted to start to twist paper instead. I thought that this would be stronger and it would allow for the paper to stand off the paper, providing different levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment