16/03/2010

More experimentation












I started to think about including a wider range of materials. After looking at the work of artists such as Rosana Castrillo Diaz, who uses paper in an interesting way I decided to experiment with paper.


I used tissue paper and gathered it up together to create a ruffled effect. I think that this was really effective. I really like this image, as the main focus is on the paper.


Here I began to add different coloured 'paper ruffles' in with the knitting that I had done previously. I found that they complimented each other well. I also tried to ensure that I kept the colour scheme from the knitting I had done.

I think the angle of light works well in this image. Although this image is difficult to understand unless you have seen my previous work, I quite like that its open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment